clickArgentina.com
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 00:59

All times are UTC - 3 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Taxis from Ezeiza Ministro Pistarini airport
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 18:18 

Hi all -

I'm arriving in Buenos Aires next week and want to avoid getting ripped off at the airport (it's happened before in my travels to other countries)

How much should I expect to pay for a taxi from Ezeiza Ministro Pistarini airport to my hotel in the city centre?
Are all the taxis safe to take or are there some I should be wary of?

Thanks, jh

Post subject: Re: Taxis from Ezeiza Ministro Pistarini airport
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 16:23 
Site Admin

Hi jh,

I haven't taken a taxi from Ezeiza airport in a while since I usually have someone pick me up, but I recently had a friend visit from abroad and he paid $80 pesos to be taken to the central area of Buenos Aires.

It's normally cheaper going back to the airport from the city centre, maybe about $60-65 pesos if you phone a taxi company in advance (more if your hotel porter orders the cab for you). Maybe cheaper still if you book a remise but like I say, I haven't done that in a while.

By international standards I think those rates are pretty good considering that the airport is about 35km out of the city. You should allow at least 40 minutes for the trip though it may take even longer under heavy traffic.

Taxis within the city itself are very cheap - you can go right across town for $10-20 pesos (of course these prices are subject to change).

- foros

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 16:56 
Site Admin

jhorg wrote:
Are all the taxis safe to take or are there some I should be wary of?

I just realised I missed your second question before.

I've never had any problems with taxis in Buenos Aires though the very first one I took from the airport a few years back had a broken windscreen - I'm amazed the police didn't pull the driver up. There are some scare stories out there but you should be fine if you stick to registered cabs at the airport and radio taxis within the city (radio taxis have ID numbers which you can record when getting into the cab).

The aeropuertos argentina website has the following warning:
Por su seguridad, no acepte servicios de transporte ofrecidos a viva voz
Basically they advise you to take a registered cab and not to accept rides from drivers that may approach you within the actual airport terminal building.

I definitely advise taking a taxi rather than doing the slow and uncomfortable bus trip from the airport to the city.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 18:30 

Thanks for the tips, we'll be getting a taxi to the city on the day we arrive. It's nice to know the prices to expect.