clickArgentina.com
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:30

All times are UTC - 3 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Welcome to clickArgentina!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 13:37 
Site Admin

After first visiting Buenos Aires around six years ago in the midst of the country's financial crisis I was intrigued by the immenseness and bipolarity of the place. The spacious parks of Palermo and Belgrano were bordered by innumerable apartment blocks and skyscrapers heading into the city centre. Tourists and wealthy locals enjoyed fine meals in the elegant restaurants of Recoleta and Puerto Madero while the streets throughout the city were frequented at night by poorer people searching through rubbish for food and recyclable goods to sell.

Much has changed over the last six years, and yet much has remained the same. The streets are cleaner, the country has largely recovered from its 2001/2002 crisis and masses of tourists have descended on the place, but bureaucracy remains a nightmare, large divisions exist between the rich and poor, and Argentinians continue to live in the moment - ensuring the country remains enthralling, full of opportunities and always on a knife's edge.

Now in 2007, I've taken the plunge and moved to Argentina to live and I feel the time has come to begin a comprehensive forum on all things to do with this fascinating country, its people and its culture. This forum is for tourists, expats and Argentinians alike - so make yourself at home and don't hold back in discussing whatever you like (or dislike) about Argentina.

Welcome to clickArgentina!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]