clickArgentina.com
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:28

All times are UTC - 3 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spanish schools in Buenos Aires
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 19:41 

Which are the best Spanish schools in Buenos Aires?

I'm planning to stay in Argentina for 3 months and spend the first 6 weeks learning Spanish then travelling around. I don't speak any Spanish yet so need a course that's good for beginners.

If any of you have experience with any particular schools then please let me know what they are like!

Cheers, J

Post subject: Re: Spanish schools in Buenos Aires
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 19:52 

James, as a beginner you'll probably find most of the language schools to be fairly similar. If you can afford it, look for ones that have smaller class sizes so that you'll get more attention from the teacher and more opportunities to ask for help.

If you get the chance to do an "immersion course" then that will really help you to get a head-start in Spanish. the more you mix with Argentinians and the less time you spend with English speakers then the quicker you'll pick up Spanish.

If cost is an issue, then check out the courses run by the UBA (University of Buenos Aires) - they're generally a bit cheaper but have a good level of instruction. They can be a bit picky with the times you can enrol though and I'm not sure if they have courses for absolute beginners, but it could be worth checking out.

Post subject: Re: Spanish schools in Buenos Aires
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 01:17 

Hi

We are moving to Buenos Aires within a couple of months. we are going to live in Zona Norte.
Has anyone any experience of good Spanish courses in that area, for instance in san Isidro or San Fernando?